Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Welcome! Now what the hell is all this?

Hello internet, interested persons, & world:

Welcome to the blogspot of Obsolete Records & Tapes. You will notice that the information on here may be a little sparse. Have no fear, with 5 pending releases all currently in various stages of production, this is going to be a pretty active endeavor.

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is John Morad and I am (for now) the sole proprietor and operator of Obsolete Records & Tapes. I also play in 4 out of the 5 upcoming releases (Doomsday Machine Schematic, Elk Hunt, Worst Episode Ever, and AfterEarth), co-host the Too Gentlemen podcast, and occasionally work.

Secondly, I'd like to address a few question you may have asked, such as "what does Obsolete Records & Tapes do" and "why the fuck would you want to do that??" That's a little rude, but still, I'm glad you asked.

The focus of Obsolete Records & Tapes is to feature brilliant independent artists and provide high quality analog and digital music at a low cost. This is done by limiting inventory, rigorous control of production, and utilizing the years of experience I've aquired as a creator and consumer of music.

As to why? I'd counter that with "why not?" We live in a world over-saturated by fly-by-night, internet flash-fame sensationalism. Obsolete Records & Tapes seeks to put something real in your hand - Something that takes time and effort; something that has artistic value and worth. Our concerns aren't how many "likes" we get on Facebook or who's following us on Twitter. The only concern we have is for the quality of our work. Everything else follows.

On that note, I have some work to do myself. Stay tuned for more information on upcoming shows and releases, as there will be a lot of it. Thanks for getting involved.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment